Put it in Neutral
How do you put together laid-back weekend outfits that are magically ready for anywhere the day takes you? It’s easy when you start with clean, classic pieces in neutral hues. Add a handbag and sandals that are new for spring, and a bright scarf to tie it all together.
Like the trench? We’re giving away an Old Navy giftcard so you can purchase your very own! Be sure to enter below!
- Trench twist. This short coat is more laid back than a traditional trench, making it the perfect layer for busy days. Cropped trench, $44 at Old Navy
- Complementary sunnies. The neutral shades are classic, timeless and best of all—they go with anything in your closet. Burberry “BE4188” sunglasses, $225 at Sunglass Hut
- Pack it in. A backpack is the hot handbag for spring. We love the sophisticated ones out there, like this leather version in the loveliest blush hue. Flap backpack, $198 at Banana Republic
- Just enough tassle. A chic wrap bracelet is the right amount of jewelry for a casual outfit like this. Serefina mint-suede wrap bracelet, $35 at maxandchloe.com
- Ruby-throated pop. Adding a pop of color is as easy as throwing on your favorite bright scarf. Printed infinity scarf, $19.99 at Gap Factory Store
- The perfect spring sweater. A whisper-thin sweater in clean stripes is a must-have for spring. This one has just the right amount of slouch for Saturdays. Striped sweater, $17.95 at H&M
- Lady in white. Break out your crisp whites early this year. They’re the perfect fit for a busy day around town. Denim leggings, $64.99 at Gap Factory Store
- Neutral metallics. We love these earthy sandals all glammed up in silver—what a fun contrast! Sam & Libby sandals, $29.99 at Target
BY ERICA SAGON | PHOTOS BY CHRIS WHONSETLER